Networks has been donating dedicated server hosting to Parted Magic
since 2008. Their primary services are Toronto Server Colocation, dedicated servers, cloud
hosting, managed servers, and other Toronto data center services.
Creating the LiveCD with Nero
Parted Magic can be created with almost any program that supports creating a CD from a disc image. This web page (http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm) has many free and non-free tools to write an iso image to a CD-R/CD-RW. Begin with downloading the file “pmagic-x.x.iso-xxx.zip” file from here and unzip that file to extract the pmagic-x.x.iso image. Have a recordable-CD on-hand (using a CD-RW media is best, in case a mistake is made during this process or you care to use the disc over again). For this example, we'll use Nero, a popular Windows CD creating application. Many people will simply write or burn the “pmagic-x.x.iso” file to CD. That is incorrect; and after burning the disc, if the only file on the CD is “partedmagic-x.x.iso”, then toss the CD-R in the garbage (or erase the CD-RW) and please follow these instructions:
1. Start Nero and select “Disc Image or Saved Project”.
2. From the Open window, select the downloaded Parted Magic ISO file. (If you are using an older version of Nero, make sure you select “All Files” from the “Files of type: ” drop-down menu.)
3. Confirm the “Destination drive: ” selected to burn the media, and then click Next. (Do not change any settings in Nero, unless you know what you are doing.)
4. If you are using a CD-RW and it is not erased, then erase it now. “Quick-erase” should work just fine.
5. Burning the Parted Magic disc image should take about 5 minutes (depending on the speed of your drive), and the CD will be ejected after the burn process is complete.
6. Exit from Nero, and the Parted Magic LiveCD is now ready to boot.